Monday, January 10, 2011

insert title here please ROFL

A week from now I'll be licking my wounds and prepping for another semester at Clark.

...I don't know why I used the phrase "licking my wounds" because I surely shouldn't be hurt going INTO the semester. However, I always get a bit nervous starting a new semester with a new schedule. Such is life. However, I think what makes me the most nervous is having one of my (research) classes be so up in the air in terms of time commitment and scheduling. Nevertheless, I am prepared to kick this semester's butt, especially after doing the same last semester.

I have a few things to wrap up before the semester begins. One, it looks like I have books to buy (maybe jut one), but I really don't feel like wasting my money. If necessary, I'll hit up the reserve section in the library to read the text. In all honesty... I usually don't read the textbook. My GPA hasn't suffered from it either, but I guess I'm just one of those kind of students who don't gain much from the text (however, this can change dramatically depending on the course material).

I should be wrapping up my World of Warcraft playing time, but I've made a lot more friends than expected this break. Perhaps I'll let my account subscription keep running this semester and only log on during the weekend. Things may get really busy if I find a job or maximize additional lab works to earn some more money. It's really unfortunate to say, but this is the first semester where I'm worried about money. Yeah, I think I'll be okay, but because Half.com takes forever to pay me for the books I sell and there will be 3 weeks after the semester begins before my first paycheck from the University, it may be a bit tough the first few weeks. But this is what college is about for a lot of people--finding ways to stretch budget--and I look at it as a good learning experience. While it's always nice to be well off, I think it makes college students much more grounded to have to figure things out financially. Let me just say going back to World of Warcraft that I've never been addicted to it (well, maybe during the summer when I have nothing else to do) but really enjoy the company of my friends online. Oh boy. Color me socially inept haha!

I actually hope to get out and do a lot more this semester, but we'll see how that goes. Time will tell in regards to what I'm required to accomplish in my coursework. I hope to get more done this semester to build up momentum for summer lab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment