Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...and the Spring 2011 semester: it begins.

And it begins with 5-8 inches of fresh snow! Whoopee!

Well, actually, truth be told, it's kind of annoying. Last night while walking on campus, I was discussing with my girlfriend how messy campus already was with the snow that fell over winter break. Worcester has a serious problem plowing its roads and sidewalks, and our campus (which I assume is almost entirely the university's responsibility) is no exception.

One of our two main streets (Maywood) that runs through our campus has been reduced from a wide two lane road to a one and half lane wide messy path. Snow has been left behind because people neglecting parking bans during snow storms and left their cars parked on the side of the street.

Mayyyyw00000d
Here is a section of Maywood, which runs perpendicular to Park Avenue and Main St., the two primary roads of Main South. (The light streak is from a passing car; I kept it because I thought it looked hell neat.) Even though only 3-4 inches have fallen so far (in addition to what has already fallen), it's pretty messy out.
To hear about my classes this semester and what my first day back in the swing of things was like, check out my YouTube video posted below!

No comments:

Post a Comment