Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stories Through Pictures

This is not a tumblr, nor do I intend it to be. However, I have to admit I really like blogs that say a lot with a single photo and a quick caption. I've been meaning to update nearly every day in this manner if I didn't have time to write more, but I've been so busy with everything that I haven't even had to do just that!

Today, I had this to post.

Stuck in the library on a Sunday afternoon.

That place of course is my favorite place on campus to take pictures of, just outside of the AC. (I got myself an app on my iPhone to put cute little filters on my photos. Now I can be a hipster too!)

On my way back from the library, I saw my friend Elena checking out yet another hawk eating a squirrel. (Elena, a student from Russia, has a set of English and Russian blogs here.)

Unfortunately it was already getting dark,
so it's hard to see the poor squirrel being slowly ripped apart!

On Friday night, I saw two of my favorite bands in concert at the Palladium: A Skylit Drive and Thursday. Unfortunately, A Skylit Drive only had a 30-minute set, which wasn't long enough to cover all of my favorite songs. Even though Thursday, shown below, had a longer set, they only played one of their older albums (Full Collapse), which I am not as familiar with. Even still, it was a great night to say the least.
Geoff Rickly, center, has the most amazing live voice I've ever heard. He's also
super, super nice in person. (Took this picture myself with my iPhone :-p)
My night was complete with a quick snapshot with Jag, the lead singer
of A Skylit Drive. I asked him to make a funny face ^,^

This past week was highlighted by several gorgeous early spring days.
Too bad it's going to snow again this week! Oh nooooooes!

No comments:

Post a Comment