Sunday, October 23, 2011

Measuring gene activity in changing environmental conditions

Yeah, so, I'm ready for science.

If I do say so myself, I do look rather badass in this clip. Honestly thought, scientists should be looked up to like super heroes because we're going to be the ones saving the planet (hopefully). More about this topic another day.

Anyway, I've started the phase of my research project that will yield be data. Data for my thesis. Yesssss.

Although my last few videos have been quite long, this one below is short and sweet. How awesome.




My tumblr graphic representing the video >_>


While I still need to plan out all of my assays and assay replicates (to strengthen the power of our collected data), the fact I'm starting this process has me really fired up. For the most part, I'll be running cultures for an hour or so under continuous light (because diatoms like light) under different environmental conditions and taking cell samples periodically for later analysis.

But really, I should be studying for the GRE right now because I take it in less than 3 weeks.

In other brief news:

Last week when I was about to load a gel, I noticed I had a friend. (It's a spider. Click the link!)

In my spare time I put together this Hawk vs. Squirrel video that captures the relationship between the Clark squirrels and the area hawks.

I also updated my Fall @ Clark section, a collection of fall photographs. My most recent additions are at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment