Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Recent collection of artfully displayed pixels

I've been piling up cool pictures both from lab and campus and wanted to share them with you. They're all in pretty high resolution, so please click on them to see them in their proper, large form.

40 glass culture tubes wait to be inoculated with single colonies of transformed diatoms. Each tape color represents a different gene cassette that was transformed into the diatoms.
A few days ago, my friend Miguel set up an "intertidal" zone in the lobby of the bio building for the Marine Biology class.

A recent panorama of the green on a busy late summer afternoon.
One of the craziest sunsets I've seen in Worcester--taken just two days ago.
I love clouds, especially these ones.
Again, one of the best Worcester sunsets I've seen in ages. This was taken in northern Worcester, about 10 minutes from campus.
Another cool sunset seen from my porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment